Memo: Re Strand Products Covid-19 Preparedness and Prevention
Dear Valued Partners,
Strand Products continues to monitor the Covid-19 public health emergency. We are assessing the situation daily and taking preemptive measures to follow all recommendations and guidance from federal, state, and local agencies to limit exposure risk. I’d like to re-assure you that our primary concern is the safety of our employees, families, customers, and our community.
Long term success cannot be taken for granted. All sections of our society –including businesses and employers –must play a role if we are to stop the spread of this disease.
The healthcare, defense, and transportation products our employee owners manufacture are classified by the Department of Homeland Security as critical infrastructure industries. To this end, we have a special responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule. Strand Products intends to keep business operations uninterrupted to the extent possible. We have technology in place to utilize remote access capabilities, alternative work locations for associates, and continuity plans for critical operations.
Strand Products has taken many steps to keep our team safe and informed, including:
- Enforcement of mandatory sick leave policy for anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Ahead of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201), Strand has provided additional paid sick leave for anyone that becomes ill regardless of diagnosis.
- Employees must complete a travel log if they or someone in their household has recently completed or planned to take personal travel.
- Management has held talks to explain the CDC and WHO recommendations.
- Daily communication and education for employees through internal messaging boards.
- Continual cleaning of our facilities.
- Sanitizing wipes and lotion have been distributed and remain available to all employees.
- We have halted all business travel.
- Visitors are restricted from entering our facility.
We will communicate pertinent information and changes that may affect our operations. We are grateful for your trust and confidence as we navigate these challenging times together. All our best to you and your families, please keep safe.
About Strand Products
Strand Products, Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative high tolerance mechanical wire and stranded cable assembly. Assemblies utilize stranded and single filar wire from Ø.0004″ to Ø.375″in diameter. Materials include Nitinol, Stainless, Tungsten, Elgiloy, Inconel, Brass, and various polymers. Industries include medical, aerospace, automotive, and defense. In-house capabilities include design, testing, process validation, cleanroom assembly, crimping, swaging, laser & plasma welding welding, passivation, barcoding and packaging. Certifications held include AS9100 Rev. D, ISO9001:2015, QML-6117, FDA, and ITAR. To learn more, please visit https://strandproducts.com